Birth Doula Services
Birth Doula services
"Although birth is only one day in the life of a woman, it has an imprint on her for the rest of her life.”
Justine Caines, Birth Journeys
Birth Doula Services includes the following:
- 1 free no obligation meet and greet.
- Unlimited phone and email support during your pregnancy. I am available to answer your questions and listen to your concerns whenever you need.
- Assistance developing your birth preferences and helping you to write a birth plan that your care provider will be happy to support.
- 1 Prenatal appointment in your home to discuss your birth goals and how I can best support you.
- 24 hour on call from 37 weeks.
- Attendance at your baby's birth whenever you need it. During the birth I provide continuous emotional support and reassurance. Physical support such as massage and counter pressure etc. Suggestions on positioning to help with comfort and helping labour progress. I will stay until your baby is born.
- After your baby is born I will stay for 1-2 hours to make sure you and your baby are happy and comfortable. I can provide assistance with initiating feeding.
- 1 post-natal appointment to debrief your birth experience, assistance with infant feeding, newborn care information.
- Phone and email post-natal support
* Additional pre or post natal appointments can be added on if you require them. This does not need to planned at the time of hiring me. Sometimes circumstances change and you may feel that you would benefit from an additional pre or post natal appointment as your pregnancy progresses. I understand this and am usually able to accommodate more appointments even at short notice. The cost for an extra appointment is $100.
Topics covered in prenatal appointments include:
- Your local birth options
- Signs of labour
- Coping strategies for early labour
- How you envision your baby's birth
- Managing fear or anxiety about labour and birth
- Teaching your partner comfort measures to assist you during birth
- Preparing for unexpected events
- Pain relief options
- Creating a post-partum plan so that your early days of parenthood are calm and happy
- How to care for your newborn
- Local support and resource services